Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Anti New Years Resolutions.

I am anti New Years Resolutions. Every year, for many years, I made the common resolutions...lose weight, stop drinking, quit smoking...just kidding except for the weight. Seriously though, I would make the same goals and never reach them, so one year I decided to try something new. Instead of making New Years Resolutions at the beginning of each year, I just try to do at least one thing new that I've never done before.


Since I have started this little tradition, I've realized that I try new things often. Here are a few of the things I did in 2008 (in no particular order) that I have never done before...


I went to Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Tennessee and Missouri.


I jumped off of a high dive.


I drove from Bremerton Washington to Larned Kansas with my 2 kids and no other drivers to help.


I took my kids to a zoo by myself. *This might seem silly, but if you knew how terrified I am of pretty much EVERY wild animal, it would seem big to you too.


I went to the top of Space Needle in Seattle, Washington.


I replaced my toilet seat with no help.


I tried welding...thanks to a couple YRs at LJCF.


I became a blogger.


I went to a bar and stayed until last call. (Long Story!)


I learned how to balance spoons on my nose.


I made cheese fondue using a recipe I copied from the Melting Pot Restaraunt...It was AWESOME!


I posted videos on Youtube. You can check it out under username mstalkalot247.

All in all it was a great year for me and our family. I can only hope that 2009 will be just a good. Happy New Years Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dedra! I like your anti-resolution idea. I will have to think about what I want to do this year that I've never done before. I'm thinking running in a half marathon.... but that sounds suspiciously like a goal. Maybe going to Vicotoria, BC, I've always wanted to go there. And doing Birkram's Yoga.
    Yeah, that sounds good. Miss you!!!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete