Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break Fun

I grew up in Meridian Idaho for 8 years, a couple smaller towns in Oregon for 3 1/2 years and for the rest of my childhood I called Bremerton and Silverdale Washington home. I still do.

Meridian was small when I lived there. Dundee, OR only had 1 stop light. McMinnville (Mac) was bigger but not a large town. In these towns, when we heard sirons, we stopped what we were doing and went outside to see what was going on. At least I did with some of my siblings. Bremerton and Silverdale, not so much.

I now live in Kansas. Larned is smaller than Great Bend, but they both fit the small town mold and when we hear sirons, we stop what we're doing and go outside to check things out.

If that's what we do for sirons, you can only imagine what we do if we see a helicopter is going to take off from the hospital. I'll tell you. We stop the car, and video it. Why? Because that's what people do in small towns. I LOVE THAT! Enjoy our video. The first 3 1/2 minutes are boring but I couldn't figure out how to edit it. The file wanted nothing to do with Movie Maker. Just move it to the 3:30 minute mark.

Other exciting things we did over spring break...

The kids watched 2 guys fix a telephone wire.

We went to the library everyday.

I packed all the dishes and sentenced my children to eating off of paper plates for the next 2 months.

I packed over 60 (SIXTY!) boxes. (Did I mention we are moving to Washington?)

We ate at the Chinese Restaraunt.

I read a few books.

The kids watched too many DVD's and played Xbox too much.

We stayed up late and slept in later.

All in all it was a pretty relaxing break.

No comments:

Post a Comment