Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dejavou

When I was a little girl one of my favorite things was laying in bed with my Mom and 'saving my Dad's spot' while he worked late. If I was lucky I could watch Johnny Carson and or 20/20. Most evenings I was sent to bed before these shows started. On nights like that I would wait a couple minutes and crawl/slither back in and lay at the foot of my parents bed to watch TV. I would always get a little chilly laying at the foot of Mom and Dad's bed but luckily they used floor length bedspreads. I could use their blanket to warm me up. If that wasn't enough I'd just pull for a little more. Somehow just as I was getting comfortable my Mom would figure out I was there and send me to bed. I never understood how she knew I was there...until my kids did the same thing to me.

There I was, lying in bed, minding my own business and all of the sudden my blankets started sliding onto the floor. It was easy to guess who was at the foot of my bed and they were just as surprised that I knew they there as I was at my Mom.

Here's the hint...when sneaking in your parents' room to watch TV, bring a blanket...don't take the one they are using.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment