Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Since I won't be making anymore new memories with my Mom, in honor of her on Mother's Day I thought I'd share a memory that I didn't realize how funny it was until I became a Mom of a mini me.

When I was a child I was helpful to a fault. I think children like that are typically called tattle tales and sometimes micro managers. I earned both titles as a child. I just called myself helpful.

One time when we lived in Meridian Idaho my Mom was mad at my older brother (who shall remain unnamed-i only have 1) and she said something to him along the lines of 'I'm so mad I don't even know what to say!' Or 'I can't come up with the words to say to you...' You get the idea.

Well I overheard this exchange and immediately my helpful personality went into overdrive. I knew exactly what to do to 'help' my Mom!

Mom had a mouth on her. There were words she said we knew we weren't allowed to say and we also knew when she felt it appropriate to say them. I knew this was one of those times, so she must have just forgotten what those words were! I quickly ran downstairs, found paper and a marker and made her a list of those words. I whispered them so I could figure out how to spell them. When I felt the list was complete I happily went upstairs to give her the list. I was surprised to learn she didn't find the list helpful! She took it and sent me downstairs VERY unhappy.

Looking back I'm not sure if she was truly mad or if she was acting that way to keep from laughing. I think I'd probably be trying not to laugh.

I truly thought it was a great idea to make that list for her! Who knew?!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

1 comment:

  1. That made me laugh so hard!!! I could totally see me doing that too. You were such a helper. You know your mom had to be laughing inside, or thinking what have I taught them. :) Oh, I love your mom! I am glad that you are writing these stories down. We not only appreciate them, but your children can enjoy them too.

    ReplyDelete