Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Windmill Farms

When we were on our trip to Kansas City, we passed what a windmill farm. I don't know if that is what they are really called, but that is what Nicole and Matthew call them, and it has stuck.

Anyway, along I-70 in Kansas, as well as in other areas around the United States, there are places that are filled with these windmills.  You can tell they are huge driving by, but I never realized how huge they were.  I was on my dad's work website, looking at the pictures and I came across this one.  That little black spot to the right is a person hanging off the top of the windmill. In the background, you can see more of them that look much smaller.

If I came across this picture a year and a half ago, I would have thought it was cool, and moved on, but now these windmills are in our back yard, so I thought I'd share.

If you are searching the web, go to http://www.gravitec.com/. There are some neat pictures there. They aren't in a photo album, you just have to look around the site to see them.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have added so much to your blog in such a short time. Loved the pics of the kids. We always go by the windmill farms in Spearville and Montezuma when going to my parents house. I get excited when I see these they are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete