Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Good times in Tieton, WA

The kids and I just spent 6 days with one of my closest friends in Tieton, WA...Becky Rasmussen. The kids took swimming lessons while we were there, we had a picnic in the park, the boys shot paint balls and the girls all bossed each other alot. It was TONS of fun.

I was able to go visiting teaching with Becky and her companion is crazy! She is an almost 80 year old lady, who had been telling people she's 80 for over 4 years. Her husband passed away many years ago and she just wants to join him very badly. At one point during a visit she actually said, "I'd commit suicide, but it's against the rules." This sounds like a horrible thing to say, and it is, but at the time and in the context that she said it, it was just shocking. Later on at the same visit, the lady we were talking with made a comment about her arthritis. Kay responded by saying, "I know, sometimes my butt hurts so bad it feels like it is cracking up the center and my cheeks are going to fall off."

Much more happened during the week, but I thought you'd enjoy a couple photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment