Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Twin Falls Idaho Temple



We got to Twin Falls at 8:30pm. The kids were starving so I got them something to eat, then we drove by the temple to find out times for the open house. We got there at 9:02 and the tours had ended 2 minutes earlier. When I asked what time they started the next day, we learned that there were no tours on Sunday.

We were all dissapointed that we couldn't go inside, so left and found the house we were staying the night at. A man from Twin Falls has been in Great Bend for a couple of months renovating his son's home. He let us sleep in his empty house.

Anyway, after we had gotten ready for bed, read scriptures and had prayers, Matthew asked if we could go on a drive because he was feeling nervous in an unfamiliar house. I didn't tell him I was feeling the same thing, but I quickly agreed to his idea.

At 9:45 we were back at the temple. We noticed the back gate was unlocked so we got out of the car to take a picture of the temple. (See above) As we got to the gate, one of the temple counselors and his wife was locking the gates. We talked to them for a little bit, found out that we would be able to tour the temple on our way back through Twin in August, and when we were getting ready to leave, the sister asked us if we wanted to have a quick tour before we went on our way. I almost started crying, I was so excited and of course we took her up on the offer. So at 10pm, in our pajamas, we got to tour the Twin Falls Temple. I felt bad about our apparrel, but LOVED the temple. It is 100 times more beautiful on the inside than on the out.

The kids loved it and asked alot of questions. They asked if we could go thru it again in August and I am more than happy to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment