Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Highlights of Day 1

We left Larned at 4:00am on Thursday. We were about an hour from Colorado and Matthew took a picture of the Sunset. It really was beautiful, and I figure if Matthew could see the beauty in it, then it must be worth sharing.




One of the highlights of our first day on the road was going thru the Eisenhower Tunnel. I wasn't expecting this to be a highlight because when Ken and I changed drivers, we decided we were going to take the Denver Turnpike north, and then go west in Wyoming. When I woke up a little bit later, we were already passed the Denver Turnpike and on our way thru Denver. After we were over the Rockies, I was glad we went that way. It is BEAUTIFUL!! It didn't make the trip to Orem any longer either.






In case you were wondering, the Eisenhower Tunnel, located 60 miles west of Denver on I-70, and it is one of the top ten man made mega-structures in the United States.






How would you like to live in No Name Colorado? Did you even know there was a place with no name? Well, there is my friend, and we took a picture!







No comments:

Post a Comment