Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Kansas State Fair, Hutchinson Kansas

Today I was able to go on a field trip with Matthew's 4th grade class. It was really cool. I was in charge of 5 kids, including Matthew, and they were all well behaved.

We saw all the cows in their barn, we went into the "Pride of Kansas" building and the kids were able to try driving a combine, they did an electronic quiz with questions about different kinds of energy and natural products and the uses for some of the products. One question was How many basketballs can you make with the hide of 1 cow? The choices were 6, 12, 19 and 20. The answer is 12.

We also went to the commercial building and the kids got a ton of free loot. I've never seen such professional moochers in my life, it was fun. As a bonus, we ran into Ken there. He was there with a guy from another funeral home also perfecting his mooching skills.

Here are some pictures from our day.


You can't really have a fair in Kansas with out OZ showing up!


Matthew milking a fake cow. The boys decided it would be more fun to point the udders at each other and have a little water fight. It was funny but I had to tell them to stop.


Matthew petting a real cow.


They has the cab of a combine hooked up to a monitor so the kids could see what it was like to drive a combine in a straight line. All these kids need sobriety tests, it was funny. None of them could get it to go straight.


This is made of butter!!!


Matthew with the pumpkins.



Matthew and I. I especially like his hair. It's awesome.

All in all, it was a very fun day. It poured down rain the whole time, but we were only outside for 30% of the time. I'm almost dried from the day. I felt bad for the kids with shoes that didn't protect their feet. For this reason, I'm an advocate of Skechers. Matthew and I both got back to G.B. with dry feet. Hooray for that.


1 comment: