Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nicole's Birthday Cake

I have been blessed with many talents that I enjoy using. Cake decorating is NOT one of them. However, I am not willing to purchase a cake from the store that is professionally decorated because I think they are #1 disgusting, and #2 WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! But if they were good, I just may splurge 4 times a year. Anyway, they are not so I don't.

That being said, my kids get blessed with a homemade cake (courtesy of Betty Crocker or Pillsbury) and it's decorated however they want...that means, they tell me what they want, I draw a picture of it, and then it never looks the way I want it to.

So, here's Nicole's cake. She loved it. I thought it tasted good. Can you even tell what it is supposed to be??




an apron. I didn't leave her any strings. MUHAHAH!!

3 comments:

  1. my first guess was an apron. second guess would have to be a strange looking medicine bottle. i didnt question it - maybe she wants to be a pharmacist???

    it is cute and whats more important is that it tasted good, right???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I was going to say a whiskey jug (like the one here: http://www.museum.state.il.us/RiverWeb/harvesting/archives/images/roll5/jug_306.jpg) only with a missing handle. That, or a cookie jar - mostly because I grew up with a cookie jar designed like an old whiskey jug (which is strange, since our family never drank!).

    If it was a whiskey jug, I think you and Ken should have had an interview with Nicole about the Word of Wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like an apron I think it turned out just fine. Glad to see some new posts what did you ever figure out with Ken is he feeling better?

    ReplyDelete