Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I love Ukuleles, Unicorns, Unicycles and YOU!

In honor of my 100th post for 2009, I think I'll just share a couple funny stories about my kiddos...

I like to tease my kids...ALOT. Often times at night when we are saying good night, one of the kids will tell me they love me and then I will responds, I love you...nicorns! or ukuleles, unicycles, Uhauls, US Airforce...you get the idea. Last night when I telling Matthew good night he said, "I love Ukulele's, Unicycles, Uhauls and Dad and YOU! I in return said I love Matthew-hauls. This is how the rest of our conversation went...

Me:I'm going to start calling you Matthew-S-Airforce.
Matthew: Can't you just call me Math Wizard?

I laughed and agreed and have been calling him Math Wizard as often as I remember.

My next story is not so funny and sadly not a story, but an on going saga for the last 2 weeks or so...a saga I fear will last for the next 7 or 8 years....

Nicole is discovering I don't know everything and I'm not as smart as she once thought I was. It started when I didn't know what was going to happen during the cat's labor. I just told her I don't know, she'll probably cry alot and then start pushing out kittens. (This seemed good enough to me!) Although the cat hasn't even gone into labor yet, she is certain it is going to be glamorous and that the minute the babies are born, she will hold them and take them out to play.

Example 2...We mismarked the time of Nicole's Spring Concert. When I say we, I mean Nicole did, but that little bit of info didn't come up! A few Sundays ago I drove her to the HS for the 3 o'clock show and NO ONE was there. I figured we were a week early. As we were going home she was really upset, certain it was that day. At one point I said to her that I will be glad to know that we were a week early so she wouldn't be sad anymore. She asked me why I say things to hurt her feelings!! AHH! Who is this girl and what has she done with my girl? I explained that I hope we missed the day so that would mean she didn't miss the concert. Once we got home I told her to change out of her clothes and it was then she let me know, (THIS IS A DIRECT QUOTE, caps are when she was shouting) "IF I MISS THIS CONCERT IT WILL BE ALL YOUR FAULT!! (BOLD is to show you when her loud voice was not enough emphasis!) I asked her why it was my fault if we got the date wrong. (in a nice lower case, unbolded voice) Her reply?? I DON'T KNOW, BUT IT WILL BE!! Later on in the day when her teacher called and said it started at 2, I was disappointed but broke the news to her. She was over it! Blasted little girl! I asked her if it was really my fault and she said no. I coaxed her into an apology and RE-informed her that Mom's have feelings too and that under no circumstances was she to ever speak to me that way again.

*sigh* ...once for the day when it happened and again for right now when I'm reliving the verbal slashing!

In the end, I know how she feels, being frustrated. I was a young girl once also. HOWEVER, I never thought my mom was stupid. A little bossy at times but never anything else. *sigh* again...just for fun. It's special to rethink the good ole' days of teenage/adolecence. Ready or not, here come my kids!

1 comment:

  1. As a Mom of three girls, I know how you feel! Liz is going through some crazy, sensitive pouting stage that drives me nuts. She did a "funny" voice for me and then got sad/mad when I laughed. "But I was supposed to laugh," I said, "it was supposed to be funny and it was!" She said, "but I don't like it when you laugh at me." *sigh* Good job to you for not YELLING BACK AT HER and remaining calm. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete