Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

This and That

I have a few little things to share, 1 medium and 1 really big one. Instead of spending the next 2 hours writing individual posts, I thought I'd just spit it all out right here.

Little Things: Matthew is selling popcorn for the cub scouts and his goal is the biggest prize which requires him to sell $2300 in popcorn. After 7 days of selling he is almost halfway. His total last night $1082. He's pretty excited about that and I'm really pleased with his ambition.

I'm working at an Elementary School here in GB. I started working 2 weeks ago. After 10 days in the classroom with 4 severly handicapped kids, I'm liking it more and more each day. At first I wasn't sure, that's why I didn;t announce it 2 weeks ago. The best part about it is, I don't have to be to work until 8:20. My kids are at school by 7:30. I get off work at 3:20 and my kids aren't out until 4pm. I don't have to work the summer or inservice days. In a nut shell, I'm never going to have to leave my kid home alone so that I can go to work. LOVE THAT!

2 month ago when we moved into our house, we were under the impression that we had a gas hookup in the kitchen so we wouldn't have to sell our oven and get a new one. When we were all moved in, we found out that the hookup went straight outside and quit. It was a dead line. After having appraisal's done, it was going to cost just under $300 dollars to get the line ran. We decdied it would be just the same to buy a new oven. Last night, after 2 months of cooking in the crockpot, using my electric skillet and hotplate, and the pancake griddle to make dinner, we had homecooked food, straight from our brand new oven!! Okay, so I need to clarify that homecooked actually means Papa Murphy's pizza in this little story, but we haven't had it for a LONG time and it was really good, heated up the house and made it smell good. I LOVE MY NEW OVEN!

I am officially addicted to Guitar Hero. I LOVE IT!!! Last night Jessica came over. After dinner we went to Walmart and bought GH3 and then played for a couple hours. It's pretty much the most amazing game on the planet.

Medium Thing: Today is Ken's Birthday. He is 33. We are going to Hays tonight so he can have is PPI with one of the members of the Stake Presidency, then we are going to see a local production of Beauty and the Beast.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN! I LOVE YOU AND YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND.

REALLY BIG ONE: Last night, at approximately 9pm CST, I was on a conference call with my parents and my 7brothers and sisters. My Dad got 2 siblings on 3 way from his cell, Gina got 2 on her cell, I called my brother Garen and then my parents house. Why the reason for such a conference call you may ask?? My little brother Kyle has been called to serve for 24 months in the PENNSYLVANIA HARRISBURG MISSION! He leaves on 1-14-2009. We are all really excited for him!

3 comments:

  1. Augh!! Harrisburg, PA!! I used to live there! It's absolutely beautiful there! Congratulations to all of you! Plus, how cool is that, that your little brother will be closer to you?!

    Good job Matthew! Half way there is awesome. Keep us posted....we are rooting for you!

    How awesome that you get to work in school with your kids. I'm sure you are great at that job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete