...about MOI. I'm going to tell you anyway!!
So I know I've written lists about things I'm thankful for and I've done the tags about weird or random things I've done, but I'm so awesome I've decided to share another list...a longer awesomer one! Here goes...
1. I claim to be creative although in reality I steal 92.4% of my ideas from magazines and more recently other blogs, and then just add a different twist to them to make them my own invention.
2. Every time I see 10:24 on the clock I wish myself a happy birthday. I also notice the clock for several of my family members. Often times at night, I go to bed around 10 and then at 10:24 I send a text to my sister asking her where my gifts are. Then I see the clock at 11:15 (Ken's B-day) and then close my eyes for the night after it turns to 11:16 (My Mom's B-day) Occasionally I'm lucky enough to wake up and see 1:24 (My Dad's B-day) so I wish him a happy birthday too...EVERYDAY. I've been doing this for YEARS but only told my sister about a month ago. Now all of you can celebrate your life and the life of your loved ones everyday too...or you can think it's weird. Whatever works for you!
3. I only like stainless steel sinks in the kitchen. Any other kind annoys me...ALOT. I might actually say I hate them. I can never get them to sparkle the way a nice stainless steel one does!
4. I don't think I had a sense of humor until I was in High School. I never got the jokes and I felt awkward in groups where they were talking about things and laughing because I couldn't see the humor in them. There were a couple of times I brought the info home and asked my Dad about it and learned that we weren't really talking about appropriate things. Luckily I didn't know about other tidbits of info until later too. Yikes!
5. I had a room in the house we lived in Larned that was empty. No furniture at all. I LOVED it. Then we got a couch. That is all I would allow in there. It was a beautiful room.
6. I've made most of the blankets we have in our home. I'm not one to follow a traditional pattern; I just make up my own. We have blankets that are designed to look like a Tetris Game, one with Pieced Tow Trucks and Traffic Lights, a couple with hearts, on that has different sights from Kansas City and Kansas just to name a few. Sewing is one of my creative outlets. I love that there is no limit to what I can create with fabric. Thanks Mom!
7. I have enough clothes that I could wear a different outfit everyday for 3 weeks and never wear the same thing twice. No, I'm not a big shopper. I just don't realize that things are worn out until they are really WORN OUT. I'm weeding through those clothes right now. I refuse to buy more hangers. When I put this specific shirt on this morning, Nicole asked me if I liked it. I told her this was new brown shirt, of course I like it. She said it wasn’t new and she is right! I bought it 2 ½ years ago. Isn’t new relative?
8. Ken and I don't have room in the dresser that we share for our socks because the 5th drawer is filled with scrapbook paper. I need another bin!
9. I LOVE GARLIC! I eat it often and have been known to put way too much in a dish. The bad part is that I'm allergic to it. The pain I feel after eating even a small amount is horrible. Still, it's worth the sacrifice. mmm, garlic.
10. Ken never beats me at board or card games. He's even a good sport about it. Me on the other hand, if I think I'm going to lose, or if he gets ahead for even a round, I freak out and all my good sportsmanship goes down with my battleship.
11. I've taken over 12 gig of pictures THIS YEAR already.
12. I want to work at Dunder Mifflin and get all the facts from Dwight Schrute.
13. I still have my wisdom teeth...at age 31.
14. I won $10 the first and only time I ever played pull-tabs at the bowling alley.
15. The low fuel light in my car has been on since Tuesday...I'll get gas tomorrow (Friday).
16. I love making beds.
17. When I was in third grade I looked up all the swear words I knew in the dictionary at school and circled them with my pencil.
18. I was kicked out of Toys R Us when I was in High School.
19. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my husband. He is the funniest, nicest, weirdest person I know and the perfect man for me. I'm lucky to have him.
20. I don't forget people that I've been friends with. I still wonder about my best friend from 1st grade. I worry about relationships that went bad from High School and beyond and constantly pray for opportunities to make them right. I can't say how thankful I am each time I've had a chance for closure. I grieve over the relationships I've had that ended poorly and cannot be repaired do to the passing of the other person...times 2.
21. I cannot wait to raise my baby boy and I wish with all my heart that I could become pregnant again to get the rest of my family here.
22. Although I am right handed I put my left sock and shoe on first. I also wash my left arm first in the shower and put my left earring on first.
23. I have a friend that I knew in Troutdale, Oregon who has inspired my more than she'll ever know. Because of her I have a desire to one day become a published author. Hopefully that day will be here sooner than later.
24. When I was in High School I had 2 sets of friends of who were siblings. They were less than a year apart in age. When I learned that I decided that I wanted to have kids that were less than a year apart. Nicole and Matthew are 10 1/2 months apart. They are the same age for 40 days each year. It is just as awesome and I always thought it would be.
25. I don't like squid. It is disgusting.
26. If I could get paid to go to school, I'd be a professional student.
27. I have tiny veins. If I have to fast before having blood work done, I plan on at least 20 minutes in the chair with the phlebotomist digging and poking and tightening the tourniquet often to get one of them to show up. Also, an IV is good for about 8-10 hours and then by vein will either collapse or the pain and bruising will be bad enough they will need to put it elsewhere.
28. On that same note I'm allergic to virtually every good pain med available...Vicadin, Percaset, Morphine and codeine just to begin the list. If I have surgery or a baby, good old fashioned Tylenol 500mg each is my pain killer.
29. I picked my cell phone because it is red. It wasn't until I told my Dad how pretty it was and we were talking about the featured that I learned a BlackBerry was a good phone. I have to say, I LOVE IT!
30. I like my dog. It took me a long time to be able to say that. He's pretty cute in an ugly sort of way and he's dumber than a bag of rocks, but I like him anyway.
31. I don't love Disneyland. I've been there 3 times and each time we leave I feel like I'll be fine if I never go back.
32. When I was growing up I wanted to be a nun. I didn't understand requirements and after I learned you had to be Catholic, I thought I could just start a club for our religion. I got over that by middle school when I got my first radio.
33. The Amish religion is fascinating to me. A lot like nuns were to me when I was younger. However, I don't want to be Amish...anymore. :) They would shun me because I'm too mouthy.
34. I think Bath and Body Works has the best lip stuff on the planet! It sparkles and tingles and makes lips look beautiful!
35. I love Math! When I was in College I took more math classes than I needed just because I thought they were fun and it allowed me one class a term that was not stressful to me.
36. I often wonder if my idea of art or beauty is accurate. More than once I have taken a picture or showed someone I was with something that I thought was really neat and the response what nothing like I thought it would be. I guess that is another blessing from Heavenly Father. Wouldn’t it be boring if we were all the same and there wasn’t variety? On the flipside, I often end up feeling like a nerd. lol
37. I enjoy the smell of skunk.
38. When I buy clothes, specifically shirts, I buy the same style in 3 or 4 different colors. Typically Red and Black and then I vary between brown, navy blue, white and some other shade of blue. All my shirts are V-neck. Because of these 2 habits, I won 5 red v-neck shirts. I love them all. Red is my favorite color and it’s a nice color on me too. That’s just a bonus though, because I would probably wear it anyway.
39. I have conversations with myself. Many times I have been thinking about a conversation I had, or that I think I might have and I say a thought or response out loud. It seems like when this happens, my kids are always with me and one of them will ask what I said and the other will say she’s not talking to us, she’s talking to herself. The next response from either child is, ‘She’s so weird!’ If the shoe fits.
40. I like cleaning my kids’ ears and checking their hair for build up. Luckily and Sadly, they both have fairly good hygiene for their ages so we don’t see much dirt anymore. I feel more lucky than sad about that.
41. I’ve never watched a Soap Opera.
42. In my spare time I like to read the Dictionary and look at my Atlas.
43. Other things I do to pass my time are practice my penmanship. I especially enjoy writing my name and the names of my family and friends.
44. I like making a list of things to do and the crossing off each thing that I accomplish. Sometimes my lists have so many details that I can cross off 4 or 5 lines just by cleaning my bathroom. Check, check, check, check, check!! LOVE IT!
45. I can solve a Rubik’s Cube.
46. I got pregnant when I was a teenager. (I had her when I was 20)
47. I like to play with play dough. Only the homemade kind that has Kool-Aid in it…that way it doesn’t stink.
48. I am a Cheese Fondue Ninja. I am can any kind you want and it will be just as good as or better than the Melting Pot Mmmm fondue!
49. I was accepted into LDS Business College. Ken moved to Washington instead.
50. I regret not going to college before I got married. I missed out on the whole ‘College Experience’ way waiting. I am thankful that I did go to college though. I love my piece of paper that says I know stuff…or at least passed the classes that were teaching stuff. lol
51. My favorite numbers are 4, 8, 24 and if those aren’t choices available, typically I pic a number that is divisible by 24 and even.
52. Tetris is the best Nintendo Game ever created. When we had a Nintendo and I played (OFTEN) I could make it to level 18 easily. LOVE that game!
53. I like my hands and dislike my feet.
54. I love socks.
55. In 2007 I dubbed that year, ‘the year of experimental dinners.’ I tried new recipes at least 4 days out of each week, and I made up at least 1 a week. From that year we liked many dishes, LOVE probably 9 or 10 and my family will NEVER eat cauliflower again. Good times!
56. All the stuff in the front of Hobby Lobby (vases and home décor and frames and bla bla bla) doesn’t faze me at all. It rarely grabs my attention and if something actually does, I have enough of a sound mind to know that I don’t need it. The good side of that is that I don’t have stuff all over my house. The bad part is that when I’m asked to decorate for something at the church, I don’t have anything I can use so I end up borrowing, buying it then, or saying no.
57. The last time I was asked to decorate for an enrichment event I was assigned 1 table. The other 2 tables were nicely decorated with birdhouses and jars of buttons and other crafty things. I brought a stack of white paper that I ‘borrowed’ from the art closet at work, 2 boxes of crayons and a 1 box of markers and we colored. It was the best table!
58. I have never drank alcohol, smoked cigarette, tried tobacco or any other illegal substance. I have sniffed country time lemonade though…at girl’s camp.
59. I still mourn the death of Phil Hartman.
60. Although I know a little bit about a lot of things, I can’t think of anything I know a lot about.
61. I can play all but 2 of the hymns in the hymnbook and all the primary songs on the piano. I can fake them on the organ. The only song I can play without music is heart and soul.
62. I bought a new to me piano this week. I’ll have it in a week or so. I’m so excited!!
63. My natural temperature is 97.3. That is also my favorite radio station in Seattle, WA.
64. When I was in Jr High, High School and even for most of my adult life I have enjoyed Country Music. I don’t love it very much anymore. The old songs I enjoyed I still like, but I’m not loving the new stuff as much. I’d much rather listen to Celtic thunder or a CD of General Conference.
65. When I was pregnant with Matthew we bought new couches. Once we ordered them we had to wait for 8 weeks before they arrived. During that waiting period, about week 5, I was pretty crazy (8 months pregnant) and threw out our old couches. We didn’t have anything but lawn chairs to sit on for 3 weeks and although I was upset about that, I never admitted that it was my fault…until now. Poor Ken! The things he has to put up with when I’m pregnant.
66. I love surprises and I get really disappointed when one is spoiled.
67. I don’t care about politics.
68. My favorite book in the B.O.M is 3 Nephi.
69.The first time I had my own identity rather than so and so’s sister was when my family moved to Silverdale WA the summer before I started 8th grade. This was also the first time I was in YW without any siblings.
70. I’m my Dad’s favorite. (Don’t tell my brothers and sisters, they haven’t been told yet)
71. My favorite Disney movie is Robin Hood.
72. Although I have been playing the piano since I was 4 or 5, I don’t really have any idea about theory. It confuses me.
73. I don’t look at myself as an instant gratification girl. I don’t need to run out and buy something as soon as I think of it. I can wait if I want something. BUT, if I want to go on a road trip, I have to leave NOW! I don’t like planning for it. Maybe I am an instant gratification girl!
74. I love to play outside in the pouring down rain. Puddle jumping is so much fun! The water falling on my head is exhilarating to me. One of my favorite memories from high School was walking home in the rain. My friends and I would go puddle jumping. There was a mosh pit at the Kitsap County Fairgrounds that would fill up nicely and we went swimming in it. It was so much fun.
75. I love camp songs. I sing them with my kids.
76. Although I prefer long finger nails, I keep mine short so I can type and play the piano better.
77. If my kids want to watch TV we make them write us a 50 word story first. It has to be from their own imagination. We have just started this, but we love it so much I’m pretty sure it will be a new rule.
78. I only answer my phone if I know the phone number that is calling.
79. I hate to say this, but I think I like to iron again. Okay, maybe I don’t like ironing, but I LOVE to see all Ken’s shirts neatly pressed in his closet.
80. My favorite sweet treat is Butter light popcorn with Milk Duds. My favorite salty treat is original stax with teriyaki jerky. I know they are both sweet and salty mixed, but when I want something sweet I go for the first and when I want something salty I go for the second. I should clarify that I don’t even have these treats once a month…that is why I can call them a treat.
81. I like to push all my hair forward and act like there is nothing wrong with it when I’m around my kids. It embarrasses them.
82. I am very tender headed. I don’t comb or brush my hair EVER. Besides when I get my hair cut, I don’t think I’ve brushed my hair in 6 or 7 years…it hurts too bad.
83. Sometimes I take a picture just because it I know it will be a good story for my blog.
84. When I was a little girl I would often look in the mirror and not recognize my own face. I’d just stare and wonder who that girl was and why is she here.
85. I like to pop my toes. I just did!
86. I do not enjoy LDS fiction books. I used to read them all the time. I have since grown tired of them. Even though some of my once favorite authors have new books out, I am no longer interested in them.
87. I am growing out my hair so that I can donate it to Locks of Love. I haven’t had long hair since I had my friend cut it back in 2002. If I would have been thinking correctly, I would have had the 11 inches she cut off donated then, but I was not. So I’m going to do it now. It’s only been 3 months since my last haircut and I’m going crazy with it, but I’m going to do this.
88. The worst part about being a mom is having to take my kids to the park. I LOATHE PARKS!!!
89. I heard that the Musical Wicked it going to be made into a movie. It probably won’t be in the theaters for 2 years or so, but I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!
90. Not long ago I looked in the mirror and said out loud, ‘I look like a 30 year old!’ Then I thought to myself, I am a 30 year old! 31 actually. This is actually one of the first times I’ve been okay with that! The 30’s has not been an easy transition for me.
91. I miss living 1/10 of a mile from my friend Becky. We had so much fun!
92. I am not photogenic. That means photos that are exact reflections of myself are not the greatest. I’m not really sure I want to examine that thought further!
93. I can type 63 words per minute with 1 or 2 typos. I can type 100 words per minute with 45-50 errors.
94. When I was in High School my Mom did all my homework for one of my History Classes. When I went to take the quizzes I wrote ABACADABA down all the multiple guess sheets and I got 2 A’s a B. Sweet!
95. I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer and Drier. We bought them in December. I believe if we have to do laundry in Heaven, these will be the washers and driers available to use…They are AWESOME!
96. Ken calls his Blazer a truck and our dog a kid. Both of these things bug me!
97. I like to give Barbie haircuts…STILL. When Nicole asks if we can trim one of her dolls’ hair, I say yes and practice my excellent cutting skills on them. Some look good, some not so good.
98. Each year after Ken and I watch the Tony Awards (The best award show EVER) I go onto Wikipedia and read the spoilers for the shows that look good to us. Then I got Youtube and watch any videos they have. Finally, we decide if we should buy a soundtrack. This is how we discovered Wicked. We first saw it on the Tony’s. A few years later it finally came to Portland. We’ve seen it twice now and I’d go again tomorrow if I had the opportunity. I LOVE MUSICALS!! (I realize this is something that you probably already knew. Cut me some slack though, this is a long list!)
99. I think Dieter F. Euchtdorf looks like Barry Bostwick.
100. It took me 3 days to write this.