Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Free Haircuts!

When I was a little girl I had 1 Barbie. My older sisters had them when I was too young to really care about them and my little sister had a couple when I was too old. The one I had, I got when I was in 3rd grade. I didn't really like Barbies and never asked for them until this one Christmas and that was because I wanted to cut it's hair. Thankfully Santa saw my thought process and gave me a 'Barbie' from the dollar store. I cut it's hair on Christmas Day, did a really bad job and threw it out in the trash before New Years, then went back to baby dolls...my true love.
Nicole got a Barbie for Christmas. I did not see her true interest and she got a real Barbie. She too cut is hair and did a really bad job. I wish I would have taken a picture of it before I fixed it. Here is a picture of the finished product. The layers are choppy but it's super cute and remember, I was working with Barbie hair.

Later on in the day, we had our friends, the Draper's over for Christmas Dinner as well as Brother Robinson. While we were eating I was telling them about Barbie's haircut and Ben asked me why I didn't give her a mullet. I don't know why this happens, but I was saddened because I didn't think of it and consumed with the idea of giving Barbie a mullet. Luckily for me, Nicole had 2 Barbies from last year that she never plays with so I found them and went to town.

Here is a video of me cutting Barbie's hair. During part of the video I was talking to my little brother Kyle. Other parts we were talking to the kiddos...but I still think it's funny.


It is probably needless to say that Nicole was NOT pleased with my fantastic haircutting skills, so we took care of that in short order.


No comments:

Post a Comment