Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bag Sale

At the beginning of each month, the local consignment shop has a bag sale. All the items in their store with a specific color tag are $5.00 a brown grocery bag full. This is how I buy almost all of my kid's clothes. I also try to get at least 1 book that has the right colored tag for Ken and I to read.

I barely buy anything new for them besides undewear, socks and shoes. Here is a picture of my loot for this month. I bought 4 pairs of pants, 3 shorts/capris, 5 short sleeved shirts, 1 long sleeved shirt, 1 pair of pajamas, 3 dresses and a book for $5.00.

Normally that would have cost $73.00 USED! I couldn't afford to buy it new. I don't know how bigger families do it, I only have to buy for 2 kids, and sometimes I can't even imagine having to buy for more. Luckily for now, we don't have to worry about it.

2 comments:

  1. You are the queen of deals! What store is that anyway? I have been crazy busy and didn't get to blog for a while. It was so fun to read yours and catch up! I loved your 100 list--I should do that. I hope you are doing good. I am missing you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to the bag sale at the "Main Stree Consignment Shop" a local store. But I also go to the Goodwill when they have 99 cent Saturdays. All clothes are 99 cents, and that is when I buy my kids' jeans. Check them out in your area, it's awesome to find a good deal!

    ReplyDelete