Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's Like Pulling Teeth


Okay, so it's not LIKE pulling teeth, it's Matthew pulling out his tooth. MAtthew has to get braces because he has many problems with his mouth. The first thing we noticed, about 7 years ago was that he has 5 teeth in the front on the bottom where he is only supposed to have 4. We thought that would straighten out when his adult teeth showed up, but he has a 5th adult tooth also.

One of the things they will be doing is pulling out one of those 5, then moving all his other teeth together so he won't have a huge gap right in front. That's not all though.

Alot of his teeth, also on bottom, are growing in sideways, and he has a mutant tooth. That means it grew in lopsided and it's rotten, and has been since it broke skin and came all the way out.

So we have met with the orthodontist and he told us Matthew's mouth is an ortho's dream come true becuase it is so messed up.

In January Matthew will be getting headgear to streatch and straighten out his gums, then the braces will follow. Before he gets his headgear he has to lose 3 teeth, all on top. I told the ortho we would get an appt with the dentist to have them pulled and Matthew panicked, he said he wants to pull them out himself.

Last night he came in my room and told me he was ready to pull the first one, but he wanted to wait until his Dad came hom so he could see it done. Then Matthew brought me the camara and asked me to just film it so he could get it out of his mouth.

Personally, I LOVE pulling teeth out and I like to wiggle loose teeth and I like to watch them come out, so I had NO problem doing this video. If you don't like any of those things, enjoy reading this, but don't watch the video.

I guess the video didn't work out after all, I have to actually accomplish something today, so I'll add the video on Monday. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That poor kid! Please tell me he only has to wear the headgear at night. By the way, I loved the idea of cake in the waffle iron. I will have to try that. I'm glad you had a fun time with your family. My Dad and Kris came this weekend and it was so nice!

    ReplyDelete