Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

ER...Now a Reality Show!!

Yesterday when we were eating lunch after church, Ken asked me to feel a bump on his forehead, and asked me if he was getting a zit. He said it was hurting. I took a glance at it and yeah, it's a zit, but it doesn't have a head on it.
Fast forward 4 hours. We were at our friends house and while we were eating dinner, Ben asked Ken what happened to his head, thinking maybe he ran into something...you never know with Ken. :) Liz also said there was a big bump, and sure enough, the little spot that appeared to be a forming zit, was now a spongy lump the size of a quarter. It only took 4 hours! Being the caring wife that I am, I told Ken it was a brain tumor and we finished our dinner.
Around 8:45 pm, Ken was at the ER. We were worried that it was a bite from a Brown Recluse Spider. We have a plethera of Brown Recluse around here and we've seen them in our home AND in the baptismal font at the church while cleaning.
Once Ken was in a room, we called our Bishop and a friend, Ben, and they came down and gave Ken a blessing. Ben disagreed with my diagnosis of a brain tumor and said he came to the ER to get some attention since he lost the game we had played earlier at their home.
By the time the doctor saw Ken, his head was hurting down to his ear. I have a video of the doctor's professional skills as well as the diagnosis, and some pictures for your viewing pleasure.




You can see the bump to the upper left side of his eye.
Ken being checked out by the doctor, Bishop and Ben to the left.

Ben pretending to draw a circle around the swollen area. I offered a sharpie that I had in my purse, but Ken got a little indignant about the offer.
Ken scared about getting 2 shots, one in the arm, one in the bum.


Ken, the nurse and the shots.


"Probably a spider bite, could easily be a Brown Recluse." HAHA!!! Okay, so it's not funny, but it cracked me up anyway. In the end, Ken got his shots, had to stay 15 more minutes for observation, then drove himself home.

I left after he got his shots, which he wouldn't let me take a picture of, so I could let the kids go to bed. You didn't miss anything.

In the night he was restless, and at one point apologized for freaking out. I asked him what he was talking about and he said, "I've decided it might be okay to let some of the puppies into the funeral home." He was hepped on something good!! This morning I checked out his head and it looked the same. That is good news since it didn't get worse. And that's my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment