Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

Riddle...

How long does it take for a train with 88 cars to go by? That is such a weird riddle or not really a riddle at all, right? Well, here is the answer...


When I was in third grade we lived in a town called Dundee. (not the one in Kansas, it is located in Oregon.) AnyWAy...sometimes we would be LUCKY enough to see a train go by. It would race by SO FAST that my brothers and I could hardly count the cars, it was going so fast. We always had to have my Mom count too so she could settle the dispute. Unfortunately, that was not the case today. Not the case because I had no brothers with me, and my Mom is not here...YET, but I watched a train go by. A train with approximately 88 cars. I didn't need my mom to help me because it took ELEVEN!! minutes to pass. That is approximately 8 cars every minute, 1 car every 7.5 seconds. I watched it go by, counting diligently, and I thought I was going to throw up. I was getting dizzy, the smell was not fabulous, and it was SLOOOOW, going at an angle if that makes sense. I would have taken video of it, but I left the camara in the van yesterday. I won't do that again!

Anyway, I just thought I'd share. That's what blogs are for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment