Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I've been tagged...thanks Jen!

The rules are:

* Link to the person who tagged you (http://catchthecards.blogspot.com/)
* Post the rules on your blog
* Write six random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself
* Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them
* Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
* Let the tagger know when your entry is posted

Weird things about myself, in no particular order:

1. I kill all plants. It doesn't matter if they are Cactus or regualr house plants, with or without flowers. I have killed a cactus because I didn't water it enough. I just received a beautiful plant last week and I have it in a place that gets alot of sunlight, I am giving it water each day and I even put googly eyes on it's pot, gave it a name and I talk nice to it...it's leaves are starting to wilt. (The googly eyes, name & talking to it might count as 3 more weird traits, but it's true nonetheless)

2. Whenever I get together with 2 of my 3 sisters, we talk with really bad mexican or italian accents. We also name inamimate objects and talk to each other using them as props. Example..When my sister Heather, and I shared a room when we were teenagers, we had pillows. Their names were Gomez and Gessepi. They would talk in accents and yell for help when we got into bed and used them. My sister Gina and I have dropped the props, we just talk to each other with the accents, often quoting movie lines to respond to each other.

3. I have the weekest gag reflex on the planet. You can talk about something gross or something that I may perceive as gross and I will dry heave. Watching people chew gum or eat is disgusting to me, expecially if I can see or hear it. I have to look away, think of something else and at times actually excuse myself so I don't throw up.

4.When I am in a state of emergency I get the giggles. An example...About 8 years ago my little brother got pulled over by the police. He did not have a driver's license. My mom called me, I lived .10 miles from her, and she asked me to give her a ride to my brother. I started laughing before I got off the phone with, I laughed all the way to her house and while we were picking up said brother. She actually yelled at me before I got them back home reminding me that is was NOT funny, but I couldn't help it. I laugh when I get really nervous or panic.

5. I am deathly afraid of Railroad Track/Trains and Zoos. Have you ever watched the cartoons when Wiley Coyote is getting ready to cross the tracks, he looks both ways and no trains are coming, then just as he touches the tracks he gets run over? I have that same fear! I have panic attacks when I cross tracks at night. As for Zoos, I am scared of all wild animals, even birds that come too close to me. I went with Ken and the kids to the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle about 6 or 7 years ago and I was so scared after we went through the Rain Forest Exhibit we had to leave. I was certain there was going to be a poisonous Anaconda in the grass as we walked thru the outside part of the Zoo. I didn't go back to a zoo until March of THIS YEAR, and I took the kids by myself. I only have 2 kids, so it's not a big deal to take them anywhere by myself, but when we went to the Zoo, Matthew actually previewed each exhibit for me and told me when to look the other way, etc.

6. Lastly, I can not make plans too far into the future, especially for dinner guest or when taking trips. If I do, I plan so much and think about all the things we are going to do, and when the time comes to actually do the plans, I feel like I've done them already and I don't want to go. When I was a little girl, that was a good trait. I didn't need alot of friends because my imagination was enough. As an adult, it gets annoying (the Ken) when I cancel dinner 2 hours before our friends are supposed to come over, when I put off a trip the day we are supposed to go for 2 or 3 more days, then we are only gone 1 or 2 days. I have to live more spontaneously, the plans make me nervous unless it involves a broadway show! I think that is why my trip to Seattle this summer was such a success. I decided to take that trip 10 days before we left, and then we were gone for 4 1/2 weeks. I didn't have time to think up and mentally live everything I knew we were going to do on that trip. PS If I ever canceled dinner with you 2 hours before you were supposed to come over, I'm sorry. I'm still working on that one!!

TAG!!! You're IT!

1. Jessica Z.
2. Ben D.
3. Sarah C.
4. Amy T.
5. Gina A.
6. Courtney S.

No comments:

Post a Comment