Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Wendi!!

Today is my Sister's Birthday. Wendi is #1 out of 8 and 8 years older than me.

Even thought I was so much younger than her, and there were a couple of kids in between up, I always felt close to her growing up. She taught me the articles of faith. She took me and my little bros and sister to see the movie 'Oliver and Company' in the theater when I was in 5th grade. She also snuck pizza into our room (Heather, Wendi and Me) when we were playing house when I was little.

The first trip I ever went on without my parents was with Wendi. She was 14, I was 6. We had to go from Meridian, ID to Ontario, OR to pick up some headsets for my Mom and Dad. The trip was an hour or so each way, and I'd never gone that far without my parents. We even left the state!! Wendi had just gotten her driver's license, and I was so excited that she invited me to go. We left in the daylight and got home in the dark. I thought we'd been gone ALL DAY. Even thought we now go further than that to attend Stake Conference or to get to a Sam's Club, I thought we were on a road trip.

As I got older, our relationship was always good. She had fun things for us to, and I loved it.

Wendi on your birthday, I hope you have a great day! I wonder if you even remember that today is your birthday, lol. (I'm serious!!) Thank you for fixing my hair for me before my first Stake Dance. Thank you for letting my paint my dresser at your house when I was is HS. Thank you for buying my wedding book. Thank you for letting Ken live with you guys when we were engaged. Thank you for letting us hang out at your house when we visit. Finally, thank you for being a good example to me while we were growing up. I love you!
Here are some pictures of us, growing up...











No comments:

Post a Comment