Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Stake Conference

Today I almost skipped Stake Conference. Ken had to work at 10 and I didn't want to to take the kids and sit through a 2 hour meeting by myself. If I'm being honest, I didn't want to sit through a 2 hour meeting period. But, I am so glad I went!  The spirit was really strong there but the best part was after it was over. I was able to reunite with an old friend from our ward in Utah. We live in the same Stake and figured it out when they came to visit for niece's baby blessing.

We were in a ward in Utah highly populated with newlyweds-as unofficial student ward. There were 8 of us pregnant at the same time and Stephanie and I sat next to each other in RS and compared our pregnancies. All 8 of us sat in row against the wall-'pregnancy row'-8 babies born within 2 1/2 months of each other.  Carson was born 3 weeks before Robert. She and I used to scrapbook together once a week. I clipped her baby's fingernails when she was too scared. I watched him while she went running and she watched Nicole and Matthew after I had to get a job,

I'm so excited that we were able to reconnect and I look forward to getting together with their family. Yay for friends and for it being such a small world, especially in the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment