Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions Schmesolutions!

I don't typically make New Years Resolutions. Last year I set a few goals and didn't get one of them accomplished.  I didn't even copy the one I stole correctly. I'm that lame.

I am going to try one more time because I really do want to make a goal and succeed at it.  Here are my goals for 2011.

  • Finish Personal Progress
  • Run a 5k (at Whaling Days in Silverdale - the last weekend of July.)
  • Drink enough water everyday
  • Read the Book of Mormon twice. (1 chapter a day and 2 on Sundays is all it takes to read the B.O.M in 6 months. Give it a try! I know you'll like it. )
That's all I've got in that area.

Each year I try to do something new that I've never done before. To me those milestones are equally as important as resolutions.  Here are my accomplishments for 2010.
  • I spent 2 full months without my husband while working full time, taking care of my kids and getting my house packed up to move to Washington.
  • I swam in Long Lake fully clothed. (Swimming fully clothed is not a first, the Long Lake part is.)
  • I ate eel. It was delish.
  • We welcomed Anna into our home.
  • Played 'music' on the violin and the viola
  • I ate corned beef and cabbage. It's now one of my favorite foods and we have eaten it 5 or 6 times this year. (thanks Liz and Ben!)
  • I am homeschooling.
  • I made a rag doll...5 of them.
  • I played a song on the organ using the pedals. (In the privacy of my own home.)
I think that is all.

One last note.  My little brother came to stay the night at our house on Tuesday. When they were packing up on Wednesday he wanted to vacuum my front room. I told him he'd have to do it using the hose because the belt was broken. I had plans to go to the store and buy a new belt on Friday and told him not to worry about it. He called me yesterday and told me not to buy one, he picked one up for me. I thought that was very nice of him. Last night when we got to a different brother's house he had me open a gift. He wrapped the belt. I like opening presents so this was all fine and good with me. The gift had an old USB thumb drive package in it and a note that said 'Have your kids open the big present.' This actually bothered me a little because he had a huge box that he wanted my kids to open and I knew they were going to be disappointed to find a small vacuum belt in it. But I played along. The kids opened the present to find not only a vacuum belt but a new vacuum to use that belt! Adam bought me a new vacuum.  What a huge blessing that is! Ours has been dying for almost a year but I keep 'fixing' it to make it last longer. Now that we have a new vacuum I'm going to let Matthew take the old one apart and we're going to try to build something new with it.  I think that is a great idea.  THANKS ADAM FOR THE VACUUM! We LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

2 comments:

  1. a new vacuum is a great way to start the new year!

    I still have the 5k thing on my list, but don't know if it is plausible this year. maybe in the fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is SO awesome about the new vacuum... my son and husband would KILL to take apart anything!

    ReplyDelete