Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

a few more things to add to the list...

Yesterday was my Mom and Dad's 40th Wedding Anniversary! Here are a few things about them that I'm thankful for.

1.Technically they've only be married for 38 years, I don't count their 2 year divorce in the time line. However I will count the fact that remarried as a blessing since I was born a year later! I'm thankful I grew up in a home with 2 parents and that my Mom was a stay at home Mom.


2. They taught me how to work. When I was in 2nd grade we started selling home-made suckers to businesses in downtown Boise, Idaho. We continued selling them clear until I was married. They quit when they didn't have enough kids at home to form a team. Because of this experience, I have learned how to accept no as an answer. I'm not afraid to speak to anyone. I actually LOVE public speaking and confronting new people and challenges because of this experience.


3. My parents introduced me to good music. I love Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow, Elton John, and Billy Joel. I tolerate the Beatles, but I know their music. I don't love the Rolling Stones or Johnny Cash. (soory to their fans!) Everytime I hear Saturday Night by the Bay City Rollers I'll see myself in the blue room of our house in Meridian Idaho singing with my Mom and sister, Wendi as the record played over and over on the giant stereo. Each time God Bless the USA comes on, I'll think of the Miss Meridian Pagents my parents helped out on. Ditto for Daybreak by Barry Manilow.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

4. I grew up knowing I would get married in the temple. Period. There were no other options.

I'm thankful for my parents. I love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment