If you are recieving this in email, the preview came up showing that some of the questions were in random orders and not with their answers. I'm not sure why, so if that is the case...sorry! I'm trying to fix it.
I have been tagged my by friend Kate. The rules for this tag include answering the 8 question written below. I then have to make up 8 new questions and assign 8 new people to answer them. So here goes something--or nothing. You can choose.
1. What is your creative outlet?
I have a couple of creative outlets. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to sew. I like that I can have an idea in my head and make it out of fabric. I use a pattern the same way I use a recipe. It's a good guideline but I'm going to do what I want to make it the way I want it. I also enjoy cooking; and I have tons and tons of rubber stamps that I use periodically.
2. What is your favorite place to be?I'm not sure I have a favorite place to be, but I LOVE being with my family--immediate and extended. Each January our whole family rents a lodge at the church property in CleElum and we all hang out for 3 days eating good food, playing games and freezing in the snow. That time each year with many of my brothers and sisters and parents is priceless.
3. Do you now, or have you ever had a collection of anything? (mine was and is Pez dispensers)
I used to collect mini tea sets. I have over 75 sets of rubber stamps. I guess that is a collection, although I don't buy them anymore. I have made it a rule not to buy anything that is not of use in daily life. I don't want to have to take care of it or store it. I do have 18 Christmas Trees though...I'm going to have an enchanted forest this December. I'm pretty excited about it.
4. Share 3 things or objects you love most, and why. (people included)
I've decided not to include people in this answer only because I can't narrow them down to 3. There are way more than that. So objects win this time.
I love my Kitchenaid Mixer. I love it because it is red. It does a lovely job mixing cookies, kneading bread dough and mashing potatoes. It is easy to clean up and I've learned this weekend that it is also portable. It was put to good use at my Dad's house.
I love Rough & Ready styling gunk made by shortsexyhair. It's the best 'gunk' available for spiking short hair. I use it everyday when my hair is short.
I love my cell phone. I wish I didn't. I wish I didn't need it or only had it around for emergencies, but I don't. I love it's qwerty keyboard. (I had fun typing qwerty just now--twice.) I love it's big screen, that I have over 25 speed dials and that I can access the internet on it. I love it too much.
5. Why do you blog?
I started my blog because I am a copy cat and a friend of mine that I was serving in the primary presidency with had just started one. She only updated hers once a month and I didn't think that was enough. All of the sudden I had a place that I could write down my thoughts and when you talk as much as I do, you have thoughts come up more than once a month. My next reason was because I lived over 29 driving hours away from my family and I thought it was a perfect medium to show them what was happening with our family. My reasons now for blogging are 1.This is my politically correct journal. Since I can't say something mean on here--or I won't, this helps me to see the glass half full. 2.I'm my number 1 fan and when I think I'm hilarious I inflict my bad humor on your people. 3.I want to be published. This is a good medium to practice being creative.4. Why shouldn't I blog? It's super fun! :)
6. What is your take on pets in the home/ as family members?
Define pet. Cats are not pets. I HATE THEM. They are good for mousing--outside and...mousing--outside. I don't like them. I don't think they are cute and they bug me when they rub against my leg and get hair on me. Dogs on the other hand...believe it or not, I don't love dogs as a breed or animal type either. I do love specific dogs. Animal--the dog. He's very nice. My neighbor's dog, Tator. He's very nice also. That being said I take it on a case by case base. (HA! Poetry!) Dirty houses don't need pets. If you can't feed your family, sell your pets. If you are going to have a pet, take care of it and love it. We actually got rid of our dog about 3 weeks ago. It wasn't working out in this neighborhood so he went away. I am sad about that, so obviously I'm not totally against dogs in your home and as a member of your family. DON'T HAVE A SNAKE AS A PET! They are disgusting.
7. What are your internet 'guilty pleasures'? (aka facebook, youtube, etc)
Facebook was my guilty pleasure for 2 years. I was consumed by it, so it turned more into an addiction. So, I deactivated my account for a couple weeks, deleted all my friends that I see on a day to day basis, and then reactivated it so I can keep in touch with distant friends every few days that I don't ever get to see in person. I also love YouTube a couple times a week. I spend most of my time on this website though...blogging amazing tidbits for your reading pleasure. You are welcome.
8. I hate the dentist. OK, that's not a question, but it IS open for discussion amongst yourselves. :) I feel like Linda Richman, from coffee Talk , leaving you with a topic to discuss...WHAT? You don't know who Linda Richman is? See that YouTube Video below to be introduced to her. The Dentist. I actually love going to the dentist. I love that the dentist can fix a painful tooth. I love that the hygienist can make my teeth sparkling white. Free toothbrushes and floss are appreciated. I like good check ups and being told that I don't have any cavities. Yep, I love the dentist.
OKAY, I am tagging the following 8 suckers:
1. Donna, my new friend in my new ward.
2. Ben and or Liz, my old friends in my old ward.
3. Kelly, my friend from High School. Her blog is PriVaTe!
4. YOU! If you aren't included in the other 7 spaces, you win the prize for #4, my favorite number. Blog these answers then comment to let me know so I can read them. Gracias.
5. Gina, my little sister who NEEDS to update her blog ASAP.
6. Margaret, my cousin whom I have never met.
7. Carina, one of the best visiting teachers I have ever had. We moved from a town to go to school and she moved to that town after they finished school.
8. Elise, one of the best sister missionaries I've ever had to pleasure of getting to know.
Okay ladies and Ben, here are your questions...
1. What are your favorite soup and or bread recipes?
2. What are your nicknames? How did you get them? (Bonus points for embarrassing stories.)
3. Where is your favorite place you have lived? Why?
4. What kind of camera do you have? Do you like it? Hate it?
5. What is the worst meal you had to eat? This means you didn't just stir it around on your plate then dump it, you ATE it. Think mission stories people!...or newlywed ones. haha
6. What is your favorite television show that you probably shouldn't watch?
7. What is something you did as a child that you couldn't tell your parents until you were an adult?
8. Why do you blog?