A few weeks ago, I believe in the middle of September, Ken and I were on a date at Walmart (like you've never been on a date to Walmart!) and we ended up in the kitchen section. Ken swore up and down that we needed a new can opener. Ours doesn't work he said. I told him I thought it was fine but he persisted. Finally he found a can opener that he thought would be better and it was only ONE DOLLAR. I tried to talk him out of it, my argument being you get what you pay for and in the end I believed we would be out that dollar. Alas, we bought the can opener for $1.08.
Fast forward 5 weeks. I have probably opened 3 cans with the thing. It's garbage. But when my 'good' one was in the dishwasher, it would work fine...until last night. I started to open a can of green beans and it got stuck almost immediately. I had the thought I should video the awesomeness known as the 'crappy can opener' but much to my chagrin, I quickly dismissed that thought. Instead I moved the opener over a little, pressed the handle together to open a new part and just as I started to turn the handle, this happened.