Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend Update...and a random photo too

Our family spent the weekend in Bremerton at my dad's house. He met us in Bellevue on Friday so we could attend the temple together. On a side note, WHAT A BLESSING it is to see my dad inside the walls of the temple! For so many years, he was absent. I'm so thankful! Before we headed home from the temple, we ate dinner at a little ma/pa restaraunt across the parking lot from Deseret Book.
Saturday and Sunday we watched all sessions of General Conference at the Bremerton Stake Center, minus the Priesthood Session. The guys drove up to Chimacum (as opposed to Chinook--what I noted in my last post) to attend that session with Ryan and eat ice cream afterwards.
Here are some of my favorites from conference:

Favorite Talk: I can never narrow it down here are my top 2--that tied for first place.
*Elder Larry R Lawrence 3rd talk, 5th session
*President Thomas S Monson 4th talk, RS General Meeting
Favorite Quote: At this point, some of you may be thinking, that's all fine and good, but what does it have to do with flying an airplane. Well, let me tell you... President Deiter F Uchtdorf

Favorite Song:
Both of them performed by the MTC Choir at the Priesthood Session.
*Hark All Ye Nations
*Called To Serve
There is something special in the voices of all missionaries that are just beginning their missions. They are beautiful.
I also loved Home, preformed by the family choir during the 2nd session. A LOT.

Favorite Moment:
Looking at both Nicole and Matthew listening to conference and taking notes. Sometimes they were drawing a picture or doodling, but I read the notes they took and they are good. It makes my heart smile.

After the 5th session of conference we went to the cemetery my mom is burried in. While we were there the kids took the time to find 'Grandpa Graves' ' grave also. He is not their grandpa, but he is their cousins' grandpa and he took them in too when we visited and told them to call him Grandpa. They like that they can visit both him and their grandma at the same cemetery. He was also a great example to me during my teenage years and I loved him very much. I miss him and my mom. A lot.

Next we went to Wendi and Larry's house and ate homemade french bread. It was delish.

We got home last night at 9:15 and we were all asleep by 9:30. It was a fun, spiritual and uplifting weekend. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a fun random photo!

    Do you want to know something cool? (Besides that Indianapolis is getting a temple!?) The Elder Lawrence whose talk you so enjoyed was my brother's mission president in Russia (my brother and I served at the same time...).

    It was an amazing conference weekend! I love that your kids already love it and get a lot out of it. Clearly, you're doing something right with those two (well, lots of things, but they're too many to list, so I'll just leave it at that).

    ReplyDelete