Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

25 of the most interesting facts you could ever wish to learn

My SIL tagged me. Gracias Andrea.

Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged.

1. I have a pathological fear of waterfalls. They freak me out! Last week I took the kids to North Bend and we left town a different way. I  missed my turn and ended up by Snoqualmie Falls. I had a panic attack. I was really scared.

2. I am a little OCD. I wish it was in a good way like having to have a super clean house but it's not. I can't go to sleep at night until all the doors are locked. Sometimes I have to get up 2 or 3 times to make sure they are locked, even when I locked them myself. I can't really explain why. I also check on the kids a few times before I finally fall asleep.

3. The other thing I'm OCD about is the fear of death. Ironic because of Ken's profession, I know. Ever since my grandma died when I was 11 years old I've been terrified about losing friends and family members. At night when I say my prayers sometimes the fear will be so intense that I can't sleep until I have prayed for each member of my family by name, including parents, brothers and sisters, their spouses, their children and sometimes aunts, uncles and cousins. I've been so scared of death for so long that losing my child and my mom were actually not as bad as I thought they would be, even though both events have been life altering for me.

4.Fabric softener makes me feel claustrophobic. Nothing like a downy soft towel to make it difficult for me to breathe and need to wash my hands or take another shower. I don't fabric soften my clothing. (more OCD? maybe)

5. I love to sew. I know I've said this before. But it's true! I love finding fabric and creating things with it. I love that I can make my own patterns and that they actually work! Store patterns are like recipes for me. Guidelines to help my creativity take over.

6. When I was a junior in high school my friends and I went bush jumping. There was a huge bush on the church grounds and after mutual one night we took turns running and jumping into it. It was fun.

7. I wish I knew my cousins better...on both sides of my family.

8. I take pretty much everything personally. Most times I can get over it quickly. I really do care.

9. I was uninvited to a private blog...of a relative.

10. I like tall skinny Christmas trees as opposed to full and fluffy ones.

11. This year for Christmas as well as all Christmases to come my motto when shopping for my family will be:
Something they want.
Something they need.
Something handmade and
Something to read.

More stuff does not make it more magical.
(taken from someones status update on facebook)

12. I don't know how to knit or crochet.

13. I love to throw parties and have people over. I don't love cleaning my house and getting ready for said parties.

14. I have 2 original paintings, painted by my grandma. I treasure both of them.

15. I love going on road trips to places I've never been. Spontaneity only makes them more fun.

16. I wear my bathrobe over my clothes. A lot. It is long and fleece and it keeps me warmer than a sweatshirt. I call it my fancy coat...an obvious misnomer.

17. I am going to see my niece get baptized on Saturday. I'm going to ask her sister, my older niece to repaint my toe nails. She did them a couple months ago and they now look like a french manicure. It's pretty special.

18. I'm in a book club and I never read the assigned book. We have a meeting today.

19. My favorite kind of snowman is the kind that are on green grass because all the snow around them melted.

20. I could easily become a person that never leaves their house. I love being at home and with my family. A random road trip here or there is, of course, acceptable and encouraged.

21. When I'm done with this blog, I'm going to fold 3 loads of laundry. I'm willing to bet there isn't a pair of matching socks in the pile.

22. Did I tell you I read the Great and Terrible book series? 6 books, they were a little too suspenseful for me but I finished them. I hated the ending. Did anyone read them that wants to discuss it?

23. I'm starting to get excited for Christmas...finally. I got a note from Santa and he told me he's ready to deliver his gifts to our home. Now I need to finish getting my part of the presents purchased.

24. When I get too cold I dry heave and throw up.

25. I am consistently inconsistent.

bonus

berber carpet is my favorite.

3 comments:

  1. I read the first 5 great and terrible, but I haven't gotten around to the 6th, and now i've forgotten the first five. We'll see if I ever read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought a smile to my face! Dedra, you are an absolutely lovable, fun and interesting person. You are full of personality and life...I just added 5 more things that make YOU so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was excited to see the Water Falls they are pretty but they are huge.

    ReplyDelete